a branch of the Eastern Oklahoma District Library System

The Tahlequah Public Library was founded in 1905 by a grant in the amount of $10,000 by philanthropist Andrew Carnegie.  The land was donated by the Cherokee Nation.  The library opened its doors on June 29, 1907.  After a succession of librarians, Essa Nena Gladney became librarian in 1922 and served the library for more than 50 years, retiring in 1975.  A new building was attached to the Carnegie building and was dedicated in 1978.  This new addition currently serves as the primary library facility while the Carnegie building serves as a meeting and special occasion area.


Free Databases  
How to Request an Item
Driver's Education